Tuesday, June 14, 2011

An eclectollection from the past few weeks

  As implied in recent posts, symptoms of my repetitive motion injury have returned, so righty is on vacation for a while... In the meantime, working with the mantra, "increase flexibility while maintaining strength."  Today I used my left hand to sketch this ink wash portrait of Sant Ajaib Singh from a photo taken in the early 1980s.  

ink washes on bristol


  In art class we've been experimenting with textures using acrylic molding paste.  As a demo, I dry brushed this imaginary portrait over a variety of textures made with a nail, a matchstick, some paper towel.  Real MacGyver stuff.  Her shimmering shirt is iridescent gold acrylic over a hasty medium-rare sienna (all atop a black base coat throughout).

acrylic media on illustration board (ravaged by ultra-sticky masking tape)

   And here's where I stopped working on my Batman and Conan drawing a couple of weeks ago when my arm requested leave...  Can't wait to get back in there and finish up...

pencil and ink on bristol

2 comments:

  1. ben, what an incredible gift you have been given...please share this with the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much! And thank you for your encouragement. I hope to honor this request!

    ReplyDelete