Sunday, August 5, 2012

a little catch up

Hello, Gentle Reader.

I've been MIA while I'm doing some physical therapy for the arm/neck issue that I've been griping about since day one of this blog.  I haven't drawn anything in three weeks, except for a little popsicle man consisting of maybe three lines and a couple of dots.  It's weird not drawing at all.  I think I'm going to have to get back to making pictures with my feet.

Here are a couple of commissions that flew across (and perhaps lingered upon) my desk over the past several months.  The first is a two panel comic in the form of a diptic, commissioned by an old friend who came to me with the concept.  We worked together over the course of a couple of conversations and decided that the most complete way to tell the story was with two images.  He provided me with some very theatrical self-portraits and an archival photo capturing his early years as a shaggy-haired schoolboy.  I researched a bunch of different desert scenes and images of '67 Cadillac El Dorados to construct their torrid world and unholy conveyance...


pencil, microns, and ink (via brush) on bristol

And here is a t-shirt illustration I designed for the East Boston Neighborhood Health Center's "Eastie Walks" neighborhoods walk back in April.  I was unable to attend the event, but my friends working in EBNHC's "Let's Get Movin'" program had a great time.


adobe illustrator and photoshop

That's all for now.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment