Friday, May 3, 2013

Archers!

Hello,

Here is a poster I made for my housemate's band, Archers, an awesome guitar and accordion folk duo with great lyrics and beautiful harmonies.  I had a lot of fun working on this project.  So often I begin a picture with figures and try to figure out some kind of background/environment later.  This time I started with the environment and slowly worked in the figures, and the result, I think, is a more convincing scene.  Process post to come...



Ink and brush with photoshop color

2 comments:

  1. Oooooh I love the type font, especially the A with the little archer hanging on it! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lizanne! I had sketched that guy in and wasn't sure about him, but my client noticed the sketch and was really excited about keeping him in there, partly to connect the text with the image more. I think it was a good call.

      Delete